March 20, 2013

Taxi Drivers


Sometime in 1974, I arrived in the Manila International Airport with a companion. We ride a taxi. My companion went down first since his place is the first stop, before going down he said he will be the one to pay the taxi and even call my attention while paying the driver (of course the driver heard loud and clear) that he already paid including my fare. To my surprise when I arrived my place, the taxi driver still ask for my fare, we argued but still he keep on insisting that my companion did not pay. To avoid further confrontation, I paid him but to my another surprised, he doesn't want a peso bill as payment but in dollar.I said to myself, oh what kind of people are they. Still I gave up and paid in dollar, so that I can already rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment